Throwback travels.

I'm back in Estonia! It's so good to be home, especially when it is much warmer here than in Amsterdam. I stumbled upon my family's old photo albums and found some funny travel pictures.  I started travelling already at a young age and fell in love with it. I decided I will share a few of those old photos to show where I have been as a kiddo, way before I could blog about it. 

The Chinese Wall. I climbed it when I was twelve years old. We went there in March 2005, and I bet there were a lot fewer people then. I have seen the photos taken now and it looks chaotic. Mass tourism really ruins places. I don't know why I look so serious in the photo. Must have been a looooong walk. 



Of course, I bought some fake brand sneakers in Beijing. They were too cheap and there were too many choices. It was a must. 


The next picture is taken in Morocco that I visited in 2006. I went to Agadir and Marrakech. When I went there with school last year, I visited some same spots again. Morocco was one of my favourite holiday spots at that age. The beach was wonderful with amazing waves, the people were friendly and the food was great. Even though I was young, Moroccan men paid a lot of attention to me. One man walked five times past the restaurant we were eating at. Another man offered 200 camels to my parents so I could stay in Morocco with him. Back then the attention did not bother me so much as now when I have grown a lot. 


In Marrakech. I would not make the same picture again as the one below. Now I am more aware of how animals are badly used for tourist products and I do not want to support this. I found something very funny in this photo, though. I was already wearing a marijuana necklace. Amsterdam must have been my destiny. 


The last one was made in Gran Canaria on a banana farm. I was sick on the arrival to Gran Canaria, but as soon as I saw the sea the fever dropped immediately and I went swimming in the sea. This picture is taken in 2003 when I was ten years old. This was my first exotic trip, before that I had been to Latvia and Finland and other nearby countries that are less exotic to an Estonian.  
What memories! Soon I'll let you know what I'm up to in Estonia.