An Estonian Wedding. #reenajaahto2016


Here we go, the pictures of the first wedding I have ever been to. I did not really know what to expect not only because I have never been to one, but also each wedding is different. 

The wedding started off with a ceremony in the church and continued with the celebrations that were held in Taagepera castle. The whole wedding was very active, full of fun games and entertainment, so even my non-Estonian speaking boyfriend could enjoy. Some games were only for the couple, for instance sending off the wife's maiden name and games to see how well they know and agree with each other , other games included only the guests. 

Many guests received tasks to do throughout the wedding. I was the "dance kitty" and my responsibility was that people would be dancing the whole night. Others were responsible that people will drink enough during the wedding, there was a thief to steal other peoples belongings, there were the replacement wedding couple in case the newlyweds need a rest and much more. Lastly, multiple famous Estonian artists came to perform. The next day I could feel it in my body that we had a lot of fun.














 Many happy years and lots of luck to the newlyweds! 

Labels: