Keukenhof, the humongous tulip garden.

"The flower in the vase smiles, but no longer laughs."


Already last year i wanted to visit Keukenhof, but could not make it. This year I took the chance together with my friend to visit on one of the few sunny weeks in April. When you want to visit Keukenhof, you have to plan your visit quite carefully to catch the perfect time, while most of the flowers are blooming and possibly when the weather is good. The only problem is that it will be crowded. As i searched for tips on the internet before going, many suggested booking the tickets in advance to avoid any queues. We did not manage so, but luckily we did not have to wait in any queues. The buses going there were very frequent. We bought a package deal ticket at Schiphol, which includes the entry to Keukenhof and transportation back and forth. I did see people standing in a line, though,  at the ticket office at the Keukenhof main entrance.

Enough chit chat, now i will shower you with tonnes of flower pictures. If only i could transmit the smell.  
















I started to write my final thesis. I had some struggles at school and will have a small delay, but in the end i landed on a very interesting topic in dark tourism and am quite exited. I will tell you more about it later on. 
Summer is coming!!


Labels: